Looking to go Further?
Most people can remember a teacher from their school days who sparked an interest in them, who helped grow their confidence and knowledge, ultimately influencing the choices they made for their future. Orwell TSA believe great teachers can make an everlasting impact on their pupils resulting in them scaling heights that they may have felt were beyond them. Excellent outcomes and high aspirations are at the heart of what we believe in and continually improving teachers and developing future leaders is the best way we see of helping our colleagues improve their teaching practice and develop their subject and leadership skills allowing them to make an even greater impact on their pupils. There are a variety of ways in which you can develop your skills and the next paragraphs provide further information.
NQT and NQT+1 programme
We offer a tailored programme aimed at teachers in their NQT and NQT+1 years. Areas the courses cover include:
- Subject specific modules, for example, strategies to improve the teaching of Mathematics, Phonics, Guided reading, SPAG, STEM etc. This will also cover topic and subject planning e.g. Maths, English, Computing, PE
- SEN and Inclusion, IPRs
- Skills focussed modules such as marking and feedback, behaviour management.
The courses that are run are influenced by feedback from teachers from the area and those who have attended previous courses. This ensures that training remains relevant and also allows courses to be useful for more experienced teachers who may need a refresher in a particular skill or subject. Details on up and coming courses are available by clicking the link below.
Courses on Request
We have a lot of expertise within our Alliance and this allows us to offer certain courses on demand. All our courses are designed and run by strong teachers with particular expertise in the topic area. We also have specialist leaders delivering courses and occasionally bring in external experts to cover specific topics of interest. One of our strengths is that the schools in our Alliance cover is the diversity of our children and the community which gives us experience that we can use to help our colleagues with the particular challenges they may be trying to overcome.
The current list of courses that can be run on request is available by clicking the link below.
Developing as a Leader
There are a variety of nationally recognised leadership programmes but where people feel they are not quite ready for one of the national programmes there is other leadership development that can be accessed that best suits the individual teacher. Through our links with the other Teaching schools in the area aspiring leaders can access programmes such as the ones mentioned below.
- National Professional Qualifications: These include the NPQML (Middle leaders), NPQSL (Senior leaders), NPQH (Headteacher), NPQEL (Executive leaders)
- Aspiring Deputies Programme: This is for those Senior Leaders who are aspiring to their first Deputy headship, effectively pre NPQH.
- Primary Middle Leaders Programme: Aimed at all new and existing Middle Leaders who are looking to develop their role and drive the raising of standards.
We can also offer opportunities for mentoring leaders on a more ad-hoc basis where there is a particular area that an aspiring leader is looking to develop.